3-DAY ONSITE TABLEAU DASHBOARD DESIGN WORKSHOPS
We’re not just making pretty pictures. Our Data Artists help people construct captivating data narratives, build beautiful dashboards, and foster a culture of analytics. In this 3-day workshop your analysts will learn to apply the Art + Data Tableau dashboard design methodology. As a result, your team will build intuitive, well designed dashboards that will be adopted within your organization.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN FROM OUR WORKSHOP
Our Art + Data methodology helps analysts and business users alike as they construct data stories that resonate. During the workshop attendees will learn to complete the tasks listed below.
- Leverage the “Requirements Quad” to identify key objectives, audience, and priority business questions.
- “Sight-read” data to confirm that the data you have supports the story you want to tell.
- Learn about visualization types and their best applications.
- Explore visualization types through collaborative drawing activities.
- Construct lo-fi dashboard wireframes that help plan for dashboard development.
- Build Tableau dashboards faster with wireframe blueprints.
- Explain how sheet layout and flow of information impact user experience
- Identify, define, and apply the 5 Elements of Dashboard Design (Integrity, Flow, Color, Typeface, and Charm).
- Apply a design audit to the dashboard and learn best practices to quickly improve dashboard aesthetics.
Finally, attendees will participate in “Viz Challenge.” This culminating activity challenges participants to use all three steps of the Art + Data method as they receive requirements and bring a net new dashboard to life in just hours.